Thursday 31 October 2019

first and last days

Monday

I got sent my contract for Stryker today ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Finally made it into a biomedical company and job WAHOOOOOO. Super keen and I start on Thursday. Just reading my boss' email today about introducing me to everyone in the workplace is giving me ANXIETY . Like every time I have to start all over again and meet people makes me so nervous. I remember when I first started my wire cutting job at r2p and I was dreading having to introduce myself but fast forward 2 months and I find it so chill now because I know most people

Today was my last day at r2p and I was so nervous going in to tell my boss that I was quitting. He was so stone-faced and emotionless... I was kinda like uhhhhh. Rip because was having so much fun with my co-workers and Viv recently.

Last week, Viv thought it would be fun to tell them all I had a girlfriend without me being there and apparently they were all so shocked HAHAHHA. One of them was like "omg it all makes sense now???" and Viv said, "what makes sense..." and he was like, "every time I tell Serena to do something she just says yes, unlike you. you complain so much".
Told my supervisor Ujjwal I was leaving and he said cool and was happy for me that I found something in the biomed field. He also said I was still invited to the staff Christmas Party xD. He's so cute and wholesome ughghghghh.  Sad reacts because was getting good at a lot of the stuff at r2p and was gaining heaps of knowledge about their operations :(

Rex Orange County's new album is full of bangers.

had work (last day) and then drove Viv and myself back to uni. Viv, Yiyi, Niina, Bree and I went to watch HUSTLERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. it was so entertaining and annoying to see how amazing all their bodies were sad reacts

rewind: last friday

Anywho, last Friday/Sat was cute catch up with Niina who I have barely seen this sem. I see her like once a week on Tuesdays and das all. We went to the beach with some of her high school mates cus it was hecking hot but we got there like just as the sun was setting so it was getting QUITE CHILLY. We didn't swim but got food afterwards from a super yum fish n chips shop near clovelly. Camped out at Bronte Beach, sat on the grass and ate for ages. They talked for sososoos long - it felt like 2 hours but then eventually Niina and I headed home back to hers. We basically fell into her bed and slept

In the morning, woke up bright and early and headed to Coogee to swim in this women's only section. despite it being 27 degrees, the water was freezing so we only stayed in it for many half an hour before getting out and just tanning in the the sun. I'm trying to return to my post Cambodia colour. Got a mango smooooooooooooothie hehe.
Afterwards, had to rush back to my area to sort out a costume for Cosette's Halloween party that night. I plus one'd Diana and along with Bree, we decided to dress up as .... A BEAN. Diana and I went to Bunnings to pick up some free cardboard, then to Lincraft to get some fabric and paint. We cut up the cardboard and painted it in my garage. My parents are just so done with me.

three homio beans
Cosette's party was chill as. Her and her boyfriend organised so many games for us to play throughout the night but honestly the best part was when we were just sitting and talking. Actually got to talk to Yasmin properly for the first time ever and she's so heckin cool. I pointed at Diana and was like, "this is my girlfriend" and Yasmin was like, "yeah I was like :/// but wasn't too sure" and then I was like, "nah we're just bros" and then Diana was like, "nah we're actually cousins" and then Yasmin was SO CONFUSED.

It took us two hours to get home that night and my parents let Diana sleep over!

last saturday

The next day, I had tutoring so I dropped Diana off, tutored two children and then went back to hers. WE went to her cousin's house to pick up some fishing rods and we attempted to fish hehehe. IT WAS SUCH A FAIL GRRRRRRRRRRR but still a fun time chilling outside. The fishing line kept getting caught on rocks and shit and it was so windy the line kept blowing back towards us. Fucking ceebs.
Afterwards Diana was craving oysters so we just went to this oyster bar in cabra. Tried one and legit wanted to vomit ew. Then went back to hers and chilled for the rest of the night - didn't do any work WHATS NEW.

Tuesday

stayed up v late finishing the biom tutorial so I ceebs going to my tute. dogged uni that day.

hung out with Diana and ate mamatang AHHHH so goooooood

Wednesday

dogged uni again cus all I had was one wiesoc meeting that was probs going to be half an hour anyway. after the meeting, finished off the table cards and started doing the table names for ball.

hung out with Diana again hahahahha. we had the $1 chicken schnitty at rashays. Was so good and so worth. 
after that, went back to mine to do some art xD

I actually cried laughing when Diana revealed this art to me
we also attempted to draw dis
i swear i'm actually so talented 
WIESOC name cards WERE SO AIDS TO DO HOLY SHIT, i had to try to fit as many names into the space as possible but minimising material waste and maximising font size and after 2 hours I finally did it... only to realise I GOT THE SIZE OF THE FKN WOOD WRONG and it was actually smaller than expected. I literally wanted to kms. finished it eventually by 2:30am and sent it off to the events team to cut xD. also since i shifted so many names around to make it as compact as possible, I was actually missing 3 names by the end of it and legit couldn't fit them anywhere so had to change all the font to be smaller.
they came out looking so cuteeeeeee but I just found out that I spelled Aayushma's name wrong so RIP ME

TODAY (THURSDAY)

WOOOOHOOOOOOO first day at Stryker. Walked into the office and my manager took me around to meeting everyone and again, I'm socially RETARDED but I tried my best. Everyone is so friendly hehehe. The office is super chill, people be listening to music on their headphones and wearing chicken costumes.

Chilled with this service engineer Ahlysha while I was waiting for my supervisor Michael. We talked about the most random shit and like her job actually seems very fun too. Went out to Macquarie University hospital to fix a surgical light but turns out there was only a very minor issue with it so we finished very early, had lunch at this Viet place with shit pork rolls and then went back to the office. 

was chilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!! We also installed a docking station for the Neptunes. I am keen for my 2nd day tomorrow :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment