Wednesday 20 September 2017

mama didn't raise no bITch

Yesterday

Women in Engo is so much more professional WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO. Had my first exec meeting yesterday and surprisingly I wasn't that intimidated by the old execs (except for Matt grrr I can feel his judgement). I really really like my president like she's so passionate about the society and that kind of leader that makes you want to do your best.

Anyways I'm so happy I went for the position L M A O because everyone on the team is actually so nice and I feel like I'm involved in something worthwhile. Even though Arc Delegate's role is very on/off, I have the chance to sit in on other people's meetings as well and just get more experience. I'm also still part of PR subcomm so I'm making some fucking mad af hype posts.
I realise I sound like such a fucking douche right now but may as well be positive for once in my life. Also this song is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good ugh
YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'M FUCKING ECSTATIC ABOUT????? BIG LITTLE LIES WINNING SO MANY FUCKING EMMYS HOLY FUCKING SHIT Big Little Lies is my hands down fav thing I've watched this year LIKE I WANT A SECOND SEASON SO BAD BUT I ALSO DON'T WANT THEM TO RUIN IT SO???
see that feeling I was feeling last blog post has completely dissipated. Humans are weird. 

Today

Tuesday. Got my stats test and got 35.5/40 because I didn't study enough but also I did something really dumb. Also 17/20 for my MMAN lab report which is pree good I guess idk?

Then had BIOM where we had to form groups of 5 again for our assignment but usually we have 6 people so to decide who had to get kicked out we flipped a coin and had to call heads/tails. So stressful but I got to stay LMAO. I have Niina, Chris, Aoife and Jason :) There is a participation mark tho which is a lil stress. 

Parents were surprisingly chill about plebiscite lmao. I overheard them saying "I don't care about other people's sex lives" and my mum was like "yeah its human rights" or something?? I don't know its so weird cus usually they're making fun of The Gayson TV or in movies. 

A GHOST STORY IS OUTTTTTTTTT!! LIKE ON THE INTERNET!!! WATCH IT!! I'm falling in actual lust with the visuals in the movie. ughghghgh the first photo is so pretty i would cry if I wasn't already leaking fluid from my eyes

FINALLY have stuff to post on tumblr now. Its 3:43 am and I made 2 gifsets and I'm not even tired like I could keep going but.... I have to try to sleep before 5 am otherwise my sleep's gonna be fucked. 

********************
MOVIE STUFF
********************

IT (2017)

Dir. Andres Muschietti
The miniseries literally traumatised me as a child. I don't think you understand but it actually FUCKED ME UP for weeks. The night after I was forced to watch three scenes from IT for Year 6 English tutoring, I had a huge family party and I was just sitting at the dinner table replaying the "Hi Georgie" scene in my mind. My tutor at the time happened to also be my cousin's girlfriend so she was at the party too and I kept staring at the table and she told me to "stop thinking about it". That night I COULDN'T FUCKING SLEEP. I even went to my parents room and sandwiched myself between them but I kept looking at the door throughout the whole night and couldn't physically close my eyes. I think I slept like 2 hours? I believed that if I closed my eyes the clown would come.
The next few nights were very very bad. Once I remembered IT, it was game over. I would just stay awake with my eyes open for hours HAHAHA. The only way I could force myself to fall asleep was to close my eyes for 1 sec then open them, then challenge myself and go for 2 secs, then 3 secs until the thought that I would be killed eventually disappeared.  

I was a kid though so I was a lot more paranoid than I am now.

The new version didn't scare me as much as I thought it would??? Just heaps of jump scares. The clown got less scary as the movie went on. It has a lotta heart but at the same time it a little cheesy sometimes (I verbally muttered out lameeeeeeeeee at one point). All the actors were v good. UM THE GIRL ACTOR LOOKED SO MUCH LIKE AMY ADAMS. HI AMY ADAMS! did you get younger?! wow! 
The movie was lacking a particular wow factor. 

Goodnight y'all.
17/9 - 1,400 followers

0 comments:

Post a Comment