Saturday 29 August 2015

UTS & USYD Open Days

Went to UTS open day with FD today even though she is interested in communications and I want to do engineering hahah. Prepare for many mad max photos because Feng has finally watched it and now someone understands.

I went to a mechanical and mechatronic info session in the new engineering building and was so pumped to learn stuff about this strange course that I knew nothing about
...and left after 15 minutes because it was so so so so boring. The guy talked in this monotone voice and stuttered/paused so many times. Not a good impression of engineering at UTS at all and I was seriously so unmotivated after that.
So I just followed Fiona around to her comm sessions and we ate free fairy floss, ice cream, popcorn and sausage sizzle! We learnt about the Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation degree which teaches you how to think about things in a different way and it sounded really cool (though vague). And you can combine it with lots of other degrees. They kept repeating "multi-disciplinary approach"??

Then we ate some pie from Harry's and waited 20 mins for a bus to take us to USYD because FD can't navigate and use tripview. When we got there we were shocked because the atmosphere was so much more lively compared to UTS. There was an indie band playing on the lawn and people were just chilling on bean bag/playing giant jenga. And there were funky ass ballons everywhere. Overall it just looked like USYD put heaps more effort into decorating their place. The Hogwarts building doesn't hurt either.
Saw random sghs and people from carramar. When we walked pass Kelly He and her bf, FD said KELLY really loudly but she didn't hear and I think her bf heard and it was so awkward. FD followed me into the biomedical lecture and it was like 981231982361982 times better than the one at UTS. Then she went to find Joyce and I stuck around for a aeronautical one with Eugene and her friend (who flew in from VIC just to attend open day).

Though the lectures were good they just made me more confused about what degree I want to do and what uni I want to go. Oh well hopefully I will be convinced by UNSW next Saturday otherwise idk what to do in life. Going to end up like this guy.
Then Eugene and I chilled on the lawn waiting for Tina. USYD seems like a really really nice university and not pretentious at all from what I saw at open day. Maybe because I didn't go to the law part. Its also a lot easier to navigate because everything is in like one place whereas UTS is scattered all over the city.

So basically I wasted a day because I still don't know what I want to do.

4 comments:

  1. OMG I DIDN'T EVEN NAVIGATE WRONG. I NAVIGATED US WITH GREAT EXPERTISE. I TOOK US TO THE RIGHT BUS STAND BUT IT SENSED YOUR PRESENCE AND ALL THE BUSES WERE LIKE NOPE AND WERE DELAYED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fd you have to accept what you cannot do. and that is navigate.

      Delete
  2. omg right?! usyd is so lovely do you understand my struggle now like i would so love to go there but tbh i'm not sure what i'd study in particular :s awks

    but i hear engineering at usyd isn't too shabby!! i know a few people who go there/went there and they seem to be liking it/getting lots of cool opportunities - one of them did biomedical and ended up in london so heyy; i really do think you should reconsider usyd as a serious option ;) also i'll get to live my usyd dream vicariously through you that way HAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. post grad med?? you can follow in nathan's footsteps. and yeh lol I'm so confused I dont know what to do

      Delete