Sunday 29 July 2018

Perisher & Phuc's 21st

Wednesday

So went on a pretty impromptu ski trip with Amy's family, Stephen and Andrew!! It was planned very last minute but ended up being super fun. 

Got picked up by Amy and Stephen then headed to Canberra. Amy was driving and we swapped like halfway to Canberra. The drive was so nice and smooth. 

Then got to Andrew's apartment in Canberra and we chilled at his house, played with his extra af Apple Homepods. Canberra is so dead... like we were within walking distance of the city centre but it still looked like a really chill suburban area. Like not that many people around, everything is really spread out etc. 

Had lunch at Greasy Monkey which was pretty good. Just got the basic bitch burger.
Had dessert at this cool lab place that sold truffle ice cream but we tried prickly pear sorbet and it was so yummy. 
Headed back to Andrews then drove to Jindabyne following Amy's Dad's car. It was pretty scary because it was so dark like legit no street lights but Amy's Dad had his his high beams on so it was ok. I've never seen so many dead kangaroos in my life though. Andrew did this annoying thing where he pointed out every single roadkill that we passed and it was legit like every 2 mins "oh look roadkill".

Stopped at the ski hire place and then WIESoc meeting had already started so I just joined the call, updated about hoodies then tried on my ski boots hahaha.
Got to our motel and it was cold a f. We only had one room so legit 7 people living in this cramped space. But it was fine cus we didn't spend that much time in the actual motel. 

Thursday

Suns out buns out

Woke up super early, had breakfast at the motel. They had this super cool automatic pancake machine that would squish out the batter then slowly cook it along a conveyor belt. drove to the Perisher Blue mountain thing and we started skiing!!
Everything was coming back to me like clicking the ski boots into the skis and the little heart attack u get every time you have to catch the chair lift.

Last time I went skiing was when I was super young so I thought it would come back to me eventually but IT NEVER DID. I was basically starting from the very beginning again fml. The first slope we went down, I stacked it at least 3 times and wanted to just give up and fucking roll down the hill. It was so hard to go down SLOWLY. Every time I tried to turn to do the zig zag thing, I would accelerate like crazy and either have to ski back upwards on the slope or fall so I wouldn't go any faster. Amy's Dad was so patient with me tho.

Eventually got to the bottom and they were all there clapping at my noobiness.

The next like 3 trails we did I wanted to cry because I still didn't have control and would just end up zooming down the hill crying inside and praying that I wouldn't hit anyone. Forced myself to fall a couple of times so that I wouldn't be going so fast.

One of the ski lifts were super violent and I was not prepared for it so we all stacked it and Kevin fucked up his knee so he had to tap out :(
Had lunch at the Blue Cow Cafe which was pretty shit.
Afterwards, Amy taught me how to do parallel skiing properly and I had a bit more control. After that it was really fun!! But my knees were about to like blow out fml.
SKIING IS SO HARD
Everyone kept having to wait for my cus I was so shit HAHAHA feels bad.
At around 4, the ski lifts all stopped so we had to go home. Walking in ski boots and carrying skis is the biggest pain. Drove back to our motel and then went out for dinner at this pub thing. They had $10 chicken schnitzel and unlimited condiments. WAS YUM.
Had shit expensive ice cream for dessert whilst playing ming mang mong. Stephen was so bad at it and since we didn't have shots, the punishment was a lick of pepper.
Went back to the motel then played card games until we all wanted to die from exhaustion.

Friday

Woke up super early again, packed up our shit then went to ski again. Had a really bad headache so after a few runs I tapped out and just took a phat nap at the Blue Cow Cafe.
After I woke up I felt so much better and I joined them again.
The conditions that day were so bad though. At one point I got really scared because Amy and Andrew went ahead and I didn't see them anymore. There was no one around me at all and all I could see was like 10 m in front of me and then white fog everywhere else. Eventually made it to the end of the trail but then we sat there waiting for Stephen for forever because he got lost.
The last hill we did was so hard for me hahah. Had to keep stopping because I didn't want to lose control but I made it down without falling!!
We drove back to return our skis, then headed to Canberra for dinner and to drop Andrew off. Had dinner at this burger place called Mookie and we were terrible people. They gave us our milkshakes but then forgot that they had given them to us so made us new ones... and we didn't say anything HAHAHAH.
Said bye bye to Andrew then drove home.

The 3 hr drive home was fine except for the last half an hour where I was getting really tired and my vision was just like blurring. Felt kjnda drunk. Amy tried to keep me awake but she was dying as well so she kept fading in and out of consciousness. It was so funny she'd be singing along to Billie Eilish, go silent for 5 seconds then jerk her body and say "omg I just dreamed". She kept waking up and telling me about the random things she dreamt about then go back to sleep.

DRiving back to amy's house, I saw maccas on the floor and my first thought was that it was more roadkill.

Saturday

Woke up at Amy's house, her parents drove me to Bankstown. I had a pork roll then took the train back to my house. Tried to nap, showered then took the train to Cabramatta to help VSA sell tickets for Charity Dinner. It was a total fucking fail.

I saw Amy Lim when I got there, then we met up with Tommy outside Huong Xua. Keiran and Monica arrived and we just all sat there waiting for Kristine to bring the tables and chairs. Literally 45 mins she comes looking all pissed and shit. Then we set up, stick posters to the table etc and I post this photo on VSA NSW telling people to come and no joke literally 30 seconds later the police come like soz you have to go you don't have a permit. SO OVER IT. Oh also saw like the tutor kid I used to teach in year 9 that I disliked so much because she was always so rude.
So went to have an awkward lunch with Amy Lim and Tommy and they were being weird because I was there. Had some vego Bun Bo Hue which was actually super yummy.

Met up with Phuc, Selina and Jo at Cabramatta Bottler where they had just finished buying $700 worth of alcohol... just casually. Went to the bottle shop in that alley to buy passion pop then back to Phuc's house. Helped him set up a bit before going back to mine with Jo to change. My dad drove us back out to Phuc's and then the party began.

Hung out with WIESoc for most of the night like Niina, Brenda, Lizzie, Yiyi and Vivian Tran.

ye the WIESoc XD
WE DRANK SO MUCH SOJU HAHAHAH it was lit. Kept like going back to the cooler to get more. We fucked up Vivian Tran tho and ended up having to help her chunder. Was so responsible like "JUST STICK TWO FINGERS DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!" and wiping her chunder off her face and hands. Saw so many people I hadn't seen in ages. Was so lit I was talking to randoms.

<3 Yen she was my camp buddy!!!
<3 John I don't think I've ever said more than 3 words to him
and there was this super clingy chick called Niina there? Yeah I think her name is spelt with two i's its super whack.
3/4 OF POTATOES!!! POVE POVE POVE
what are these hands help
 kieran always doing nangs so we call him chef cus he's making whipped cream yenno. YES CHEF!
I DON'T REMEMBER THIS AT ALL HAHAHAHAHAHAH
looking after weak bitch Amy Lim whats new.
It was a good party though. More tame than I expected like pretty sure Viv was the only one that chundered.
me being such a tragic drunk and saying/doing things I shouldn't do.

Parents picked me up and I went home and went straight to sleep.

Sunday

So today woke up, ate baked eggs that my sister made, watched snap stories and now I am here.

I love this song so so so much omfg. The band is from NSW and they filmed this music video in Redfern?? I was so shook hahah because I was like hmmmm I recognise that train station.


never seen a more accurate meme




if I wanted to wait that long for a reply I'd send a pigeon

0 comments:

Post a Comment