Thursday 18 February 2016

Dope Room

My room is not looking so dope atm because still havent unpacked from cruise and I have like 7 diff classes worth of tutoring shit everywhere + havent completely chucked out hsc folders.

Anyway this post is about two movies I have seen recently: Dope and Room

Dope


What a cool movie. I had only seen the movie poster before watching it and I was kind of put off cus idk it was just three teenagers riding bikes?? Like wow not intrigued at all.

It was so interesting though. Its about this guy trying to make it to Harvard but he kinda gets blackmailed into selling drugs to get in. It sounds very dark but its not actually. Its a "crime comedy-drama" with lots of cameos from rappers and models lmao.

10/10 would recommend. Its the perfect mix of humour and drama and I love how the main characters are so weird.

Room

I'm sure y'all have heard of Room. Brie Larson has won almost every single best actress award she's been nominated for so far this season (same girl in Short Term 12).

Its about this mum and her son who are trapped in this one room. The mum was kidnapped as a teenager, held captive, raped then she had a son who has only seen this one room his whole life.

It was such a good movie omg there were just so many feels.

I've also seen The Danish Girl recently but it was pretty meh so ceebs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment