Friday 1 February 2019

Cambodiyeet: Tired

This is going to be the dryest blog post ever I'm so sorry I'm just so tired atm :(  Haven't shit in like 3 days I'm lowkey concerned. also think I'm so clogged up that like I can't eat anymore cus my intestines r too full.

Monday

Went to work, worked on the water dispenser & autoclave we couldn't fix before because the timer was broken. Turns out the timer wasn't broken it was just that the doctor misunderstood how to use it :/ 

When we put it back into the autoclave tho, one of the wires broke off so we had an excuse to solder it back together. 
Also we met this super nice English speaking doctor who invited us to watch a surgery later. 

Then we went to lunchhhhh at Ly Hout and finally tried something new because Amy was scared of eating unhealthy when she was still recovering. 

In the afternoon, tried to give back a machine that we thought was fixed and we wanted to talk to the doctor to test it... turns out they didn't have the anesthesia to actually test it sighs.

ANYWAY 

we returned to our workshop and kinda sat there with nothing to do for the rest of the day 

WHAT A TIMEEEEEEEEE

Tuesday

Did nothin at all today :(

Tried to figure out what was wrong with the ESU but could notttttttttt FUCK. Rotana (homestay mum and lady BMET) came to help but Amy and I were both just sitting there pretending to research what to do.
made some progress on the dental chair, pretty sure we got all the tubes connected to the main power tools.
Then at night had a big ass barbeque night with many many relatives and friends. It was soooo fun hahah so many people spoke English and I was getting roasted for saying I wasn't rich but then I'm from Australia so to them that makes me automatically rich.

Had one too many beers with da boys and like fell into bed super drunk. but not drunk enough to not see my roommate in her bra video calling her boyfriend FFS


one of the dudes added me on fb now he won't stop talking to me BUT he's nice i guess.

Wednesday

was sooooooooooo busy

got an oxygen sensor from siem reap to test our oxygen concentrator and really wanted to neck myself cus it would work and then not work and then work and not work again and again BUT it gave a reading of 90% which meant it was super duper good when it did feel like working... so we gotta figure out whats wrong 
amy is sick again with a throat infection so we took her downstairs to see the shitty dotors that didn't even look down her throat but immediately prescribed her a shitload of antibiotics
glued a piece of the dental chair back together but didn't glue the screw in with it so laters

fixed dental chair - fixed the buttons on the second chair but after lunch had to go back and fix it again because one stopped working again. for the first dental chair finally figured out the suction mechanism, i felt like a fkn genius omg. soldered some buttons on!! 
went to a local english school and spoke with them on a microphone, it felt hella weird but it was sooooooooooooooo fun ahahha the kids are like gr9 lowkey a bit anxious but yolololol
one of the kids looked so much like xin lin wong i was getting confused cus I wanted to call her xin.
They asked me many many questions that you learn when you first start studying a language like where are you from, how old are you etc. ofc amy stayed at home whats new??? ALSO THIS ONE KID , THE ONE ON THE RIGHT OF ME IN THE PHOTO WAS LIKE, I CAN SING AND THEN I ASKED HIM TO SING AND HE JUST STOOD UP IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE CLASS AND BELTED OUT JESSIE J'S PRICE TAG I WAS DYING

WAS CUTE 
then had a cute date with my english speaking dentist who took me to try this cambodian soup dish at a really famous plcae in preah vihear. this big ass pot was $5.  had one beer which made me very very tired.
then went home, exhausted, had to fix eugenia's cover photo and just k m s  wiesoc is killing me slowly like really fkn slowly AND ITS ONLY BEGINNING

Thursday

Today I got stood up by the dentist because he woke up too late for breakfast so I went to Ly hout instead to get a  croissant but i had no appetite (BECAUSE i'M CLOGGED) so I didn't really eat it.

Amy stayed at home for the first half of the day cus of her throat infection. I put the broken piece of the dental chair back together after much much struggle tryna get this screw that i didn't screw in back in place. then tryna push it down enough so the little piston would clear it holy shit so triggered just typing about it
realised after copious amounts of reading oxygen concentrator service manuals that our concentrator wasn't supposed to be making this loud popping noise WHEN WE THOUGHT IT WAS WORKING

had lunch at Ly Hout again, then finalised O-Week event and scheduled it to go up. Told Eugenia to finish the rest for me which she did v well :) also read a lil bit of goldfinch but fk i have so much difficulty reading now LIKE WHYS IT SO HARD FOR ME TO CONCENTRATE

↓↓↓ PLS SUPPORT ↓↓↓

was constantly being distracted by this cute lil boy HIS NAME IS BOBO
After lunch, Amy came back and watched me put the piece back onto the dental chair. she is legit kinda useless... all the time. well she can take photos while I do shit
literally fuck this shit, took me a full week to fix u i think but bruhhhh i feel so satisfied now ALSO i know how dental chairs so if you need help fixing one hmu @lulu ke
Then went back to our room to glue back the last bit of broken thing from the dental chair but its kinda optional cus they only need one suction to work
Then went home, called Niina for a lil bit :( and lay around like a fkn whale cus i still FEEL SO UNWELL FROM NOT SHITTING im sure toxic stuff is leaking into my body right now. played with the kiddos for a little bit then ate dinner and am now holed up in my room again

triggered at Cambodian amy all the fkn time like last time she was calling her boyfriend (as she always FUCKING DOES) so i hung up her clothes for her and then today she hung up her scrubs and then she went back into her mosquito fortress EVEN THO I HAD SO MUCH LEFT like what the fuck is wrong with YOY?!?!!!?! she also wants to wash more clothes tomorrow but its such a waste o of the homestay's electricity and water FUCK OFF why didn't you just put it in the washing machine today?!?!?~?~?!?!??!?!? b r u h

0 comments:

Post a Comment