Monday 10 April 2017

LION Extended Cut

^director Garth Davis bein cool n dat 

Went to see the extended cut of Lion today with Stephen and Eugene at the Ritz Cinema!! Such a small intimate cinema wow. 

Everyone in the cinema was over the age of 45 lmao except for another young-ish couple in front of us. In the first 5 minutes someone crinkled a chip packet and this old person next to them said, "can you stop that" fuck it was scary. After that, Stephen, Eugene and I ate our M&Ms and popcorn so quietly like I would reach slow mo into the bag so it wouldn't crinkle. I've never had a cinema experience like that where literally EVERYONE is trying to be really really quiet and concentrated on the movie. I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I'm irritated by anyone talking during movies unless its a shit movie/really loud movie

There were only a few substantial added scenes but mostly it was a few shots here and there that added a lil extra feeling ~~~~~~~~~~~~ here's a brief run down in photos

when the creepy lady takes Saroo into her house and like bathes him, he flashes back to when his mum used to do the same and he gets real sad
 they added a lot more of pedo man and it seemed SUPER SUPER SUPER CREEPY like in the original version, it was hinted that there was something off with him but in this they really threw it in your face...there was a lot more face touching and whispering
added a flashback to when Guddu got arrested for stealing some eggs (this was the only scene that seemed a little out of place)
added lots more brother scenes idk i can't really find more stills for that stuff
I fucking got what i paid for with this rave scene O M G it was so cute like it was their first kiss and this version made you feel like Lucy was not so useless also I live for drunk Rooney
Added a scene after Saroo sees Lucy in the shopping centre and this time instead of awkwardly cutting to the beach scene where they have their little chat, he takes her back to his house and shows her how the search is going and she's really empathetic and understanding about it?? FLESHES OUT HER CHARACTER SO MUCH MORE I FEEL LIKE INJUSTICE TYPING THIS NOW WTH WHY WAS THIS CUT
OH LORD this scene got me in the feels. Basically Dev is really frustrated cus he's not getting anywhere with his search so he goes for a cathartic swim then fuck he spots his brother wading in the water but they can't reach each other so he starts screaming and crying and just being real emotional...this made me tear up so much DEV'S QUALITY ACTING IN THIS WOW
They also added a scene that shows Dev Patel actually managing a hotel then he remembers home and he has a panic attack in this storeroom. Makes the impact that the search has had on his life a lot more obvious.

Bitches you better believe it THIS MOVIE GOT BETTER. I REALLY LIKED THE ADDED SCENES. ALL OF THEM. ALSO I CRIED SO MUCH MORE THIS TIME WTH. I ALSO HAVE SUCH AN APPRECIATION FOR THE SCORE OF THIS MOVIE.

the Q&A was really interesting!!! like I heard quite a lot of new stuff which I wasn't expecting. He said in early audience screenings everyone hated Lucy because she just got in the way of Saroo and people kinda just want him to succeed but the point of her character was to show the impact of his obsession on his life/others around him and audiences didn't really get that so they had to edit some things.
Also the moderator asked who had seen it once already and a couple of people put their hands up and he was like who's seen it more than once and I think I was the only one on the lower level to put my hand up. I'm so proud of having no life wow. 

Idk he talked about a lot of stuff the Q&A was like half an hour long IT WAS SO WORTH HEHE. He stayed behind after the screening to chat to people outside the theatre and my pussy ass will forever regret not talking to him. It all g maybe I'll meet him again when he's promoting Mary Magdalene HAHAHAH FUCK?

0 comments:

Post a Comment