Sunday 25 June 2017

super rich kids

Wouldnt it be so satisfying to be a snake? I was ripping off the skin from my thumb and was just thinking does a snake feel this level of satisfaction when it sheds its entire body?

I had a dream Wincentia messaged me being like "WHY DID YOU SPOIL A GHOST STORY FOR ME". V odd because I haven't seen/talked to her in a long time.

Tutored Kevin a few nights ago, then had hotpot with Ohana. It turned out quite well LOL they bought this soup base from Tong Li that smelt very strange but after we chucked all the meat/veges in it it tasted so yummy. Curly is a cute dog. He kept smelling me probs because I smelt like Oscar? We watched a bit of American Gods which was way too avant garde for me. This guy... got swallowed up... by a vagina...
Does anyone automatically assume that no one wants to hear you talk because that's me.

Tutored my boss' daughter yesterday. Tutored my normal class and yay done tutoring for this term yippeeeee.

Made these cupcakes for dogs HAHAAHAHAHA the icing looks like complete shit. but they were kinda yummy. Heaps of healthy things in it - oats, carrot, honey, coconut oil, peanut butter etc. Watch this space for a video soon! x (features 4 doges!!!)
Had a dream about you know who and I hate myself for it. sucks cus I was so happy too. 
Today, went Bankstown with Amy, going to tutor Kevin soon. We had some noodles for lunch. Mine weren't that great :(
Wish I lived in NY ugh. This is such cool marketing for a movie. You can go in and try a bedsheet on for yourself!!!! and theres free icecream. IS THAT NOT COOL???

********************
MOVIE STUFF
********************

Basically, I spend too much time in front of my TV.

Big Little Lies (2017) - fucking do it
Gladiator (2000) - don't do it
Marie Antoinette (2006) - don't do it
The Social Network (2010) - do it again
The Master (2012) - don't do it
The Truman Show (1998) - duh...
In The Mood For Love (2000) - um nah Carol but with straight people


Big Little Lies (2017)

Dir. Jean-Marc Vallée
Yeah the girls
The best TV show I've seen in a while?? I mean I haven't really seen many tbh but it was so good and so addictive.. I watched the first 2 eps then kind forgot about it during the peak stress of exams but then finished the last 5 episodes in a day. Oh and its only 7 episodes so its not even a big commitment. 
For those saying its like Pretty Little Liars, its really not. The only thing they have in common is that someone dies and you don't even find out who it is for a while. So so so so good --> deals with sexual assault, violent relationships, parenting, class structures etc that makes it sound so boring but legit its so JUICY and dramatic and SHOT AMAZINGLY WELL and you can see the thought that goes into it because it is a miniseries. Watching PLL, where it seems like they're scrambling to make plotlines up every episode, after watching this is like eating sugar-free cheerios after trying the honey ones. The music is so nice as well. Nicole Kidman went so far for her character like.... shit....
Roped Amy into watching this too lol its scary how on point she is at guessing plot??


Gladiator (2000)

Dir. Ridley Scott
If I watched this back in 2000 I probably would've been mindblown but everything seems so dated now. It reminded me of Game Of Thrones even though obviously this came before. Colours were very desaturated and yeah the action was so meh. Really did not give a fuck at the end. Also it didn't help I was watching this "epic" on my tiny TV screen. 

I also can't believe Russell Crowe won best actor for this?????????????? He was good but not that good. Joaquin Phoenix was kinda shit noah fence. IT was so fucking long we had to watch it in 2 sittings. 

Marie Antoinette (2006)

Dir. Sofia Coppola
Kinda disappointed because this was marketed as a chick flick and it really wasn't that. It was kind of a very pretty mess. Got bored sometimes. I liked the use of contemporary music though like that worked. 

I'm a fake Sofia Coppola stan because I haven't even seen any of her other movies besides Lost in Translation (the Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson one in Japan) which I hated. 


The Social Network (2010)

Dir. David Fincher
perfect. 

he's making the sequel to World War Z when he SHOULD be making more movies like this.

(rewatched this with my sis who has never seen it and also rewatched the 93 minute making of documentary I love the twins special effects and how precise David is with his actors ugh he's obsessed)

The Master (2012)

Dir. Paul Thomas Anderson
I've watched this in 3 sittings and still have not finished I'm not connecting with any of the characters I really could give less fucks.

The Truman Show (1998)

Dir. Peter Weir
this came out when I was born... wth....

So funny loved it

In the Mood for Love (2000)

Dir. Wong Kar-Wei
This was on like so many Cinefix top 10 videosfor best use of colour, best scene, best ______ moment, whatever ITS ALWAYS THERE THEY REALLY LOVE THIS MOVIE.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm yeah idk it was good and all like v nice film to look at (despite us watching a shit quality version of it) but not gonna lie I got a bit bored. 

It was EVEN MORE restrained than Carol and that is saying something. The love between these two characters is so ... not explosive? which I get is kind of the point but?????? Ending is kinda depressing. 

Me reading all these 5 star reviews on letterboxd like.... what am I missing. I am definitely missing something. Wish I could love this movie but I don't.

Also THIS MOVIE WAS IN CANTONESE AS WELL LIKE WTF it was so confusing listening to it but also reading the subs for clarification. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment