Monday 14 January 2019

Cambodiyeet: 2nd Month Begins

Sooooo first day of second month is over and what can I say.... its not terrible?? However, Vivian's group in Kampot is living in a hotel basically 4 star quality complete with hot water and aircon??? I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING TOILET SEAT NOR SINK BITCH
Woke up really easily because I basically couldn't sleep the whole night last night. Was too anxious about our homestay. In the morning, Phanna helped me carry my luggage down the stairs then said goodbye to me as my tuktuk drove me away forever.... 

Cambo Amy and I had a mad struggle finding our taxi pick up spot because Phanna gave us the wrong pinned location... so Phanna ended up meeting up with us on his way to dropping off Tahnee and Viv to their bus stops. So he could've just driven me direct to the taxi in the morning >:( 
 Got to the homestay and like yeah the people are soooooooooo nice and welcoming compared to first homestay. Kaka is the main english speaker and she seems very tired but still super nice. Her brother in law is a teacher and is also really friendly. Kaka's sisters and niece are so so so so so so so nice ugh i feel like they r my mums already like they laugh at errything I say and keep offering us food. The 7 yo niece speaks pretty good english cus she goes boarding school.

Had lunch, then chilled in our room watching Get Smart. Kaka and her brother in law took us on a tour of Preah Vihear and fk its such a country town. There's one main road and heaps of shops and dingy looking restaurants on it but then once u get off the main road everything looks like this
 Some of the houses look like the paranoid auntie's house of the cliff from a series of unfortunate events with like really thin wooden supports.

There was this cool monument to commemorate genocide day (i just farted) and Amy and I took a photo in front of it but its on her phone :(
 Preah Vihear is named after a famous temple but we asked our homestay and its a 3 hour drive away + 1 hour hike so nty. it would be so pretty tho.
The entire town tour was over in about 20 mins HAHAHHA. literally so small and quiet. Went back to the homestay and then hung out with the 7 year old. I showed her how to play snap and did a version of the multiplication card game except with addition!! Then I showed her some of my magic tricks and she was so amazed. Then some of the aunties and grandma came to watch and they were like wow!! as well XD. methinks I have another career waiting for me after engineering. 

Had a chill dinner and then they took me out for dessert. Amy stayed at home cus her stomach was unwell. ANYWAY,  apparently this is the most famous Cambodian dessert. Its shaved ice with milo, random jellies, taro and like this disgusting egg yolk + green bean nugget that should never ever ever be ingested. But overall, the dessert was hella good. When we walked out of the dessert store, the lil girl grabbed my hand and I've never felt so loved in my life. she teaches me khmer whilst I teach her English and maths hehhee. 
 Showered, then vid called with some of da gurlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. We all swapped passport photos before we left so we could take photos with people from our group and lmfaoooooooooo we stuck them to our foreheads whilst we were video calling. sad actually miss bants with them. Cambo Amy is a bit homesick and just an overall downer atm.
Time to sleep now hehehe

everyone's homestay has at least one thing wrong with it except for viv trans. Stephen has worms in his toilet, Yiyi has yellow water coming out of her tap, I have no sink or toilet seat, Alcuin and James' homestay family hate them, Tahnee has dying people hooked up to IV drips and newborn babies on the second floor, Ivors sandwiched between white dan and asian dan.

sighs not keen for hospital tmr but yikes gotta do what we came here to do.

us planning our trip to siem reap and yiyi just annoying everyone with her non-humour ffs

0 comments:

Post a Comment