Saturday 19 January 2019

Cambodiyeet: Ridin Solo in Siem Reap

18th - 19th Jan

Siem Reap... the number one tourist destination in Cambodia but guess the fuck what? I only got to spend 24 hours there :( Had to get back earlier to make it to the work trip with my hospital peoples. I saw Vivian, Yiyi and Stephen for a hot 5 minutes sighs. They looked sosososo sad and I was so sad and tired. Also I got completely fked up by an "extra happy" smoothie which in hindsight was such a dumb idea. NEVER AGAIN.

Spent the first day with Tahnee at Mad Monkey :) We had Hungry Jacks for lunch, then chilled by the pool for many many hours. I took a nap!! It was so peaceful and was nice spending time with someone other than Cambo Amy.
Tahnee and Alcuin wanted to go to the gym and I was like nah ceebs so I went to get a massage instead!! First ever proper massage omfg it was so fucking good like the fastest 1 hour of my life ever. Was feeling dumb that I only got a 1 hr massage when I could've paid $2 more for a 1.5 hr one -.- The woman had the strongest hands ever.
Then went back to Mad Monkey and by then more of the white men had arrived (Sam, Adam, Isaac). We started drinking at around 7 on the rooftop then went to dinner at a Lebanese restaurant. I got some classic dish but I forgot what it was called hahha and also cracked a cold one wit da boys. Had a banana/milo crepe from a street vendor. I don't remember what else happened that night but it was quite uneventful. 
Because the others (Viv, Yiyi and Stephen) were arriving too late in the morning the day after, I knew that if I wanted to see the entirety of Siem Reap I had to take a tour by myself. Was super sad but didn't want to waste my trip to Siem Reap. 

So my tired ass hauled myself out of bed at 4 am the next morning to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat. I had one tuktuk driver for myself the whole day and he was super nice but a bit confused as to why I was doing it by myself I think. 

1st Stop: Angkor Wat

So yes this is the temple on Cambodia's flag. It was really pretty and old. Idk when I see these things I'm always in awe as to how they were built?!?!? Wish I had a tripod so I could timelapse that shit but believe me it was beautifullllllllll. I was also shook at how many rude Chinese and Korean tourists were there smh.
Becoming blacker and blacker!
fuck bitches get money
Was highkey sad and missing all my Cambodian friends but also surprised myself with my independence. 
one of the ponds of water outside Angkor Wat.

2nd Stop: Bayon

This was my absolute faveeeeeee. It was so beautiful and ancient and I could imagine Star Wars being filmed here. SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL AHHH like pictures do not justify it.
This just looks like a pile of rocks but trust, when you're walking around you feel like you're in another world.
True highlight was this cat I found tho hehe it was so cute. 
All the walls and pillars have these little dancing women etched into them. Can you imagine the effort the workers had to go to?!!? 
 bye bye bayon :)

3rd Stop: Ta Prohm

Was getting kinda tired at this point and the rest of the temples were shit compared to Angkor Wat and Bayon. So I sped through this pretty quickly but it was nice! This temple was famous because of the large white trees growing like on top of the walls and shit.

4th Stop: I dunno

Yeah I was too tired at this point I didn't even take photos.


Then the tuktuk drove me back to Mad Monkey where I saw all the friendos about to leave for their Siem Reap tour. Said bye bye and told them there'd be a hella lot of walking hahaa. 

Had some time to kill so I went to get a happy banana shake and bruh
Legit started feeling it maybe 40 mins later?? and the feeling just got stronger and stronger and I was like fuck I cannot wait for my bus which comes in 1 hour without dying so I called a tuktuk to the bus station and waited there for the longest 1 hour of my life. I was getting so paranoid because my brain was mush and I was worried I would get on a random bus and get kidnapped and my brain would not shut offffffffff. Anyway, eventually a guy came up to me and asked which bus I was supposed to be on but I didn't trust him in my paranoid state so when he told me to get in the bus I was like  nonono and full made him get his phone out so I could call him and check his phone number

Eventually got into the bus and tried to sleep but the minutes were going by so slowly. Every time I closed my eyes i'd be like nonono I'm too fucked to defend myself if someone comes in so then I'd open them again and get even more paranoid.

NEVER AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN holy shiet. 

When the bus did start up eventually tho I conked out the whole 3 hour ride back hahaha.

What an adventure.

Current Bops

Julia Michaels is absolutely killing it hehhehe. Lie To Me, now this!! 

I Lauv you Lauv..... ahhhhhhh this is so good how???? This is too short tho WHY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment