Saturday 5 January 2019

Cambodiyeet: rice rice rice

Yesterday

YASSSSS porridge vendor lady was early today so we got to eat it again :) cus usually she comes in at like 8 am which is when we start class
Khmer class today was all good in the hood. We learnt like body parts and played a game where Tola would say some work in khmer and we had to circle it in English. Was up with Vivian Tran and like we were both so clueless towards the end.

Went to Thai place near uni for lunch and got rice with egg and the egg was yummy. Only $2 yeet.
Legit conked out during Larry's lecture and was leaning against the wall so had the best sleep. He was talking about valves for sooooooooooooooo long. Then for our lab we charged our battery up but got kinda confused cus it seemed to charge to max so quickly?? Then last few minutes were spent on like how to write/draw quick start guides for the locals to teach them how to use machines properly. 

Then I had to return my passport to the travel agency and took a tuktuk all by meself to the riverside. I was lowkey scared but like it was all good in the hood. Dropped my passport off, and saw a little cat legit was sooooooooooo cute. Met the gang in Sorya Mall cus they wanted to eat Lotteria/Pizza Company but both were not ideal options so we just ended up at Pepper Lunch again wtf. Had half a chicken thing

Then tuktuk'd back to Stephen's homestay AGAIN to finish Bandersnatch. We felt so so so unsatisfied with the ending LIKE WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. sighs it wasn't as impactful as most black mirror episodes. Then watched a bit of like one punch man or smth then we were feeling fancy so instead of a tuktuk, we took an actual car home like uber??? The 20 minute trip cost us $2.50 O_O 

omg then at dinner last night our homestay baby finally accepted ussssssss. she was laughing and dancing around so much ahhhhhhhhhh so fucking cute omfg. 

Today

yeet hospital visit again and on the ride there I watched the black mirror episode white bear, was absolutely fucked. We went back to the hospital we went to in the very first week and brought a new battery with us. It didn't really fit into the old battery slot so we had to solder wires onto it to extend it but it was pretty easy. Was working with this girl called Janet today and fk she sooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying >:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( keeps asking me dumb questions and then when I tell her the answer she's like... nah that won't work. like what the shit

The pressure cuff on the patient monitor was fucked tho so we couldn't fix it meaning Yiyi, Vivian and I had like nothing to do the rest of the day.
Was quite uneventful, we sat around talking about our poo consistency. Then had lunch and it was so heckin good like the viet bo luc lac complete with the salt pepper lime dip U G H. Jess our coordinator was giving us some advice about where to go in Koh Rong Samloen :) I caught a market and whipped at the same time today it was amazing.
 Back to the hospital where we continued doing nothing. We opened up a patient monitor for funs to see what was inside and we saw and closed it back up lmfao.

On the bus ride back to uni I conked out for the solid 2 hours listening to doof doof.

Then Yiyi, Viv, Tahnee, Lucy and I went to Aeon mall to find a swimsuit for Yiyi. We found one and then I went with Lucy to get Chatime. She so cute omg like such a quiet Chinese girl but randomly says stuff like I fart a lot after milk tea because of my lactose intolerance.

Then went back to TK Avenue, the shopping centre near my homestay and bought groceries for the weekend. It's a long weekend starting tomorrow so we're going to go to this little island called Koh Rong Samloen. LEAVING IN FUCKING 1 HOUR (its 10 pm now) and taking the midnight bus cus they have beds so we can just sleep on our way to Sinoukville. From Sinoukville we'll take a ferry to the island then party party for 3 days without any cell reception or wifi. Plus there is a risk of malaria there so yeet didn't take my tablets I hope I die.

here my cat! I am pooing so fking weirdly like it always comes out either super hard or super runny. 
dinner was good tonight, I ate as much broccoli as I could so I hope i shit.

see y'alls next week 

0 comments:

Post a Comment