Thursday 24 January 2019

Cambodiyeet: Baa-rang Arrives

"rather be tied up with cuffs than with strings" would've been a much better lyric ariana but issa ok u still snapped

7 rings & Dancing With A Stranger are my jams atm because I am pop trash throw me in the bin.

Baa-rang means foreigner (or white person) in Khmer.

GUYS I FUCKING LOVE CAMBODIA holy shit I'M SO HAPPY HAHAHAHHA. Maybe cus I'm a lil tipsy but shit is absolutely fucked. This morning I woke up and took a shit and when I went to grab the toilet paper to wipe my ass, a cockroach fell out of it and into my pants like
also just got back to my homestay after drinking and went to brush my teeth, was greeted by this monstrosity (whom is still very much alive because my drunk dumb fucking ass cannot motor function rn).
Going to run out of bug spray soon.............

also everyone here think's im Japanese cus I have small eyes

So today I had to return to work after my 5 days of exhausting fun >:(  I went to Siem Reap and Koh Kong over the weekend but those blog posts are coming XD SORRY this is such nonlinear story telling but i feel like i have to get this out first CUS TODAY WAS SO FUN

Legit was so tireddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. Had breakfast at Ly Hout as usual
Then walked to work and on the way there a car stopped and rolled the window down to say hi to me, realised it was people I went on the work trip with :) The skinny man and his wife .

Went to work, was in a funk again because I couldn't find my BMET and I had no work to do so I wandered around the hospital and eventually ran into my fav deputy director Ponina. I told him I had nothing to do so he just went around the hospital with me and asked ppl in Khmer if they had anything to fix. Spoiler alert, no one did, so I made a tripod out of a toilet paper roll. Issa great!! I took a timelapse with it today will show one day
day 50 with this fucken centrifuge, still can't open it
found some spare wheel parts but couldn't assemble them because the metal bit is too rusted. 
Then BMET came back and took me to see an anaesthesia machine that I was a bit unsure how to go about to fixing, BUT LUCKILYYYYY my supervisor Will (current UNSW student) and ONLY white person I have seen in Preah Vihear had just arrived at my hospital. He was sosososososos helpful lmfao saved my life.

so first he tried to open my centrifuge, talked about random things like how I was finding the hospital etc, idk. Will is just super duper chill and easy to talk to. he was telling me about his tinder bae HAHAHAH.

Then looked at the anaesthesia machine and he helped me take apart the haloalkane canister. found the o-ring on one of the sealers was broken. I have to go to the market tmr to find it sighs BUT AT LEAST its fixable!!
Then looked at ESU and fuses were broken so all good in the hood thats an easy fix too
also had a quick look at the autoclave amy and I couldn't fix and we were thinking maybe the wiring is just wrong??? 

then we had lunch at ly hout and he paid hehhee. Idk what we talked about, can't really remember but it was nice having another fluent English speaker with me SIGHS. Cambo Amy still recovering in Siem Reap 

Then we visited my homestay and ugh i just love my homestay family so much they are always so welcoming to everyone. They spoke to him in Khmer cus he's pretty fluent hahha. Also noticed that locals are so much friendlier to white people 

Anyway, the baa-rang caught a private taxi to his next hospital visit leaving me alone once again :( I googled the timer for the autoclave and turns out there was actually nothing wrong with it, it was just diff to the one the doctor was used to using so i think he was confused. I have to put it back into the autoclave tmr and test it sighs.

ya then planned on taking apart an oxygen concentrator but ended up being a lot harder than expected so I was ceebs and am saving it for tomorrow. 
Mr Ponina invited me into the library and showed me the free coffee machine but said I had to wait a little bit for hot water. The english speaking dentist was also in the room and he was laughing and trolling saying that I also had to fix the coffee machine BUT LO AND BEHOLD I wait for 20 mins and the water still isnt hot?!?!? I ask the dentist and apparently its been broken for a year or so.... so hello I have something else to fix how exciting hahaha 

The dentist also wants me to come into a local english school and teach for a day but i am shy

Went home, showered and had a long ass call with my WIESoc President, Vivian. she's so easy to talk to and gives super good advice :) HAHAHahahah im such a snitch sometimes tho SIGHS i hate that tendency in myself. ANYWAY, got called to dinner and had such a nice bonding dinner with Kaka and Sithai, the two good adult english speakers in my homestay. She was telling me about how the factory she used to work in had actual ghosts like she saw their arms and headless bodies wtf and a few people were killed in the factory from the ghosts. apparently its cus when they initially opened the factory, they didn't bless the building with food and fruits O_O

anyway, moving on because I'm sleeping alone again tonight, I was just chilling and talking then Deputy Director Mr Ponina calls me and basically says "BITCH COME AND DRINKKKKKK" in a polite way so I ask Kaka and she's cool with it so "BYE BITCHES IM GOING TO DRINKKKK" hopped on the back of Ponina's motorcycle and vroom vroomed one minute down the road HAHAHA

had 3 beers in around 2 hours just chilling, laughing and chatting at the home of the couple that i sat in front of on the bus on the the Koh Kong trip (sorry for that please try to understand). they were teaching me khmer and being genuinely impressed at how much I knew after one month but legit im so so so so so bad. They were so kind. They said they didn't want me to be sad because they know I missed home and my family and they wanted me to forget about it for a little while. They also asked me to bring my family the next time we come to Cambodia :( IM SO Sad just writing this wtf cus I probably won't come back for a long long long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment