Tuesday 27 February 2018

Lady Bird

"I just want you to be the best version of yourself"
"what if this is the best version?"
I CAN DO BETTER THIS YEAR 
.
.
.
(watches 4 movies at the cinemas in 2 weeks)

University Things

fucking back at it again
.
.
.
The 891 line this morning was so aids. It full snaked past the diagonal path in the hobo park and then like all along the parallel edge of the park then turned again. Left my house at 7:20 and got to uni at 9:10. SO DONE. Was glued to Jason for the entire day yay my favourite hoo-man.
Had anat seminar, then break where I briefly saw Lizzie and Amy, worked on a cover photo then was rescued from Red Centre by Niina then went to get coffee at Ainsworth when we also detoured to see Brenda who handed me my souvenirs from Korea and Japan (I LEGIT BOUGHT HER THE SAME SHIT SHE BOUGHT ME HAHAHA) but it was kinda awkward because Jason was there. Went to microwave my curry lunch before going to PHSL lecture. Then anatomy lab, then mechanics lecture then WIESoc meeting.

me at 7pm
WIESoc meeting was fine. I feel so useless but at the same time I don't really want to do anything so??? Our society is growing so rapidly and our profile is rising a lot but I have no hand in that which is sad.
Had Soul Burger at Randwick with Potatoes. Niina suggested it, mentioning it was vegan and me knowing that the only vegetable I eat is lettuce
Shocker though cus it was extremely wholesome. I got a falafel burger. I know. Character development. Loaded fries were super nice. It was also nice having a milkshake and not having the unsettling feeling in your stomach afterwards.
Then went to watch Lady Bird and collected a tiny poster for Mary Magdalene and was even more shook when I saw the huge poster HAHAHHHAHAHA. Niina was rolling her eyes and did not understand why I wanted to watch it so bad. uHHH cus I love Jesus duh.
Anyway, I'm actually not at uni tomorrow because my PHSL labs are on even weeks. YAY!!! Gotta submit applications soon for so many things but I'm so ceebs. I gotta work on my work ethic methinks. Also trying to learn Adobe After Effects but its so hard. Following Youtube tutorials. 

I randomly have the urge these days to quit uni and just like get a media degree. Way more fun.

********************
MOVIE STUFF
********************

Lady Bird (2017)

Dir. Greta Gerwig
I wanted to like this so much that I think I went into it with way too high expectations. I was lowkey disappointed. It was like really good but not as mindblowingly good as I wanted it to be.

It was hilarious. I laughed so hard and thank the lord we were watching it at the Ritz cus everyone else was cackling. IT WAS SO SO SO FUNNY Y'ALLS DON'T UNDERSTAND like perfect humour. There was only one thing that didn't make me laugh (the abrupt cut to the cheese n crackers ehhh). 

It was super realistic. Idk don't have enough life experience but I feel like all the characters were so real and facing hardships that normal people face. and they're handled in a way that you wouldn't normally see in movies? particularly the dad. I liked his storyline. Lady Bird had imperfect skin. LOVE JORDAN RODRIGUES' CHARACTER AS WELL HAHAHAAHA

everything just so well done. been watching some shitty tv shows recently and I'm like this is out of place or this is shot so boringly or even stuff like the colouring is washed out. No complaints with Lady Bird. Everything is framed to a T and like just a very aesthetic movie to watch with the bright colours. Saoirse's eyes zomg so BLUE like representative of the brightness of the movie.
I WAS JUST FEELING EVERYTHING SO MUCH. I got that feeling where you were like swept up in everyone's emotions and could just fully tabouli empathise with them. It was all building to such a climatic ending but it wasn't dramatic/satisfying enough for me. I would've liked a bit more emotion and drama towards to end but it was still really good. Would recommend for a fun time. Proud Lizzie didn't fall asleep though. 

First Impressions

ANAT2511 

I have this funny af Russian lady for my lecturer. She cracked so many jokes about like dead bodies and she immediately shuts up anyone who talks...what a woman. Learnt about stuff we already learnt in BIOM but it was good revision. We got this long talk from the course conveners about how we need to respect the bodies that are used in anatomy labs. ummm... I don't really think that happened.

Lab was super super weird. The bodies were hidden under green cloths at the beginning of the lesson then they were slowly revealed and idk how to explain it but it's so hard to distance yourself from the fact that they used to be alive. The teachers said you should just think of them as objects but bruhhh when they all the same shit that you do its kinda hard. The trunk was fine to look at but the leg and arm was so so so weirdddd. Its like when you're watching someones body part get chopped off in a movie and then your limbs feel weird. But yeah the leg reminded me of a chicken wing with all the tendons and shit. My tutor encouraged us to really feel the texture of everything and I was squeamish but then got over it lol. Tendons are so shiny. The cadavers still had stubble on their chins. Could full feel their tongue (which is really solid for some reason) and also their toe print swirls. Tutor went through a bajillion terms and I didn't remember any of them. Everyone except 3 people in my lab did mechatronics / biomed!! 

One girl fainted in my lab :( it was so unexpected because she was totally fine and then she went to sit down and nek minnit boom she's on the floor with her eyes rolling back and a floppy body. Didn't think that that was a thing that actually happened.

So far very happy with ANAT!! It seems like its run well and the labs are so interesting. Doing the histology component as well which may be more boring we'll see...

PHSL2121

Went through introductory stuff THE ENTIRE LECTURE. So many little exams and quizzes throughout the semester that add up to so much. I'm going to die. Anyway the goal is that Niina and I are going to get >90 HAHAHA we'll try. Lecturer is so serious though idk if I like that. The lecture is sooo mixed though there are like 2nd years all the way up to 4th and 5th. 

MMAN3200

Fucking boring as fucking shit should've fucking just done a science degree. 
Lecturer basically lulled me to sleep. Everything is explained pretty poorly and I don't get the concepts behind anything. Here's to another sem of rote learning mechanics woop woop. 

I don't get people who write shit down in mman lectures like what could you possibly be writing???!??!

this is actually accurate representation of me during MMAN tests though

also thanks @ fip for giving me ur two love, simon tickets. thank fk i signed up to showfilmfirst yesterday with two more emails cus today i got another 4 tickets. SO NOW 8 IN TOTAL WOOOOO!!

1 comment:

  1. Great coming-of-age film. Sad it did not snag an Oscar after five nominations. But a gem nonetheless. I loved the red-carpet interview with the director. Advice to teenagers? “Be nicer to your mother!”
    yidio movies
    popcornflix

    ReplyDelete