Sunday 26 November 2017

cooked

Fried an egg this morning for breakfast. It was almost as fried as I was last night.

Got really sad for about 5 minutes because I realised that once uni is over, its not socially acceptable to get fucked anymore :(

had such a nice day today at home not doing anything

Was at Amy's house on Friday day. FD came over as well and we made these yumm0 beef burgers. Kevin's friend was over as well and he was super shy and started handwashing his own plate when he finished eating lmao reminded me of old me when I went to Amy's house for the first few times and was so polite. Now I nap in their living room and hog their tv like its my own and don't even ask if I can come over??? AHAHAHA IM SO DIRTY AT THEIR HOUSE AS WELL AMY'S DAD WAS LIKE "I'LL PUT YOU IN THE WASHING MACHINE". Wore my Lorde shirt for legit 3 days in a row. (Actual footage of me being dirty af). We watched both volumes of Kill Bill for a chill time. 

Met up with Niina, Andy and Brenda at Star Bar. Niina was dressed so nicely and I was in my hobo clothes after not having returned home for 3 days. Saw Eugene outside Town Hall and said HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII and Tina was there too. We got a drink from Star Bar and then went to Kobow. We ordered seafood pancake and fried chicken plus too many bottles of soju. Hadn't gotten drunk in a solid week so I was so keen
Wasn't long before the declarations of love began. Andy was telling us his life story (cus he skulled like 3 bottles of soju HAHAHHA), Niina and I were telling each other how much we appreciated each other and I remember snippets here and there of what was said hehe. Kept getting flashbacks today fml
Andy kept bringing up my blog and my apparent self esteem issues and I was like STFU I WANNA HAVE FUN TODAY!!! I had no concept of time or space during last night like wtf happened when?? Memory kinda cuts out after Kobow.

Teleported to sanct where I wasn't allowed in twice fml. The security guard was like "I think you've had a bit too much to drink tonight" and I was like "I don't think so" and he just shook his head at me. Brenda and I switched jackets and I tired again but it didn't work. So we went in through the other entrance and it was all g. Remember nothing from sanct except brenda bought us all long islands but everyone was too drunk to actually drink them. What a waste of $$ :( Also met this random chick who sat with us?? Parents were pretty mad at me cus I called them like "PICK ME UP AT 2AM!!" and they straight up screamed "NO" back L M A O. luckily Tian was out as well so I went home with her and Andy. I'm so confused why did Andy even take the train with us?!?! He was so considerate and kept forcing me to drink powerade to prevent hangover. How did the rest of them get home?? I will never know. 
Woke up this morning feeling like complete shit and vowed never to drink again. After about 2 hours, when the hangover wore off, I was like nah KEEN TO GET LIT AT RETREAT!!!! Legitimately keen for retreat though now that I know there are a small group of people who don't want me dead. 
Lord Huron actually have so many nice songs. I love folk.
"To the ends of the Earth would you follow me?"

When I recommend people movies, my main concern is whether or not they'll fall asleep during them. BUT HOW COULD YOU FALL ASLEEP DURING SING STREET WTHHHHHHH

********************
MOVIE STUFF
********************

Mudbound (2017)

Dir. Dee Rees
So this was a filmé... I loved this movie except it could've been shaved down by about 20 minutes without compromising the quality of the storytelling. It took a really really long time for things to actually start happening but when they did, I was shook. I cried at one point because it was so upsetting. Usually movies make me cry if someone on screen is crying but the content in this was way too confronting for me and I just wept. 

It focuses on two families, one white and one black, and how they struggle to co-exist with one another. 

Heard about this during Sundance in January and  there were such rave reviews for it. It's directed by Dee Rees who did Pariah which was amazingggggggggg. I have such mad respect for her because goddamn this movie is extremely beautiful. 

SUPPORT 👏 POC 👏 LGBT 👏 FEMALE 👏 DIRECTORS 👏 

Acting was fucking great as well. Everyone was so gooooooooooooooooooooooooood. 

Braveheart (1995)

Dir. Mel Gibson
I CAN'T TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY WITH THAT HAIR OMFG MEL GIBSON WHY

Enjoyed this. It was a little campy HAHAHA. Watched it in two sittings and first half was better than second. IDK it was fine but I kinda didn't care too much. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment