Friday 12 May 2017

I'm sorry Hannah

Thursday 

MMAN tute, did the torsion lab. Then went to Maccas with Stephen where we both got the 3 for $3 deal (cheeseburger, fries and small drink). ITS SO WORTH OMG the best $3 I ever did spend. Then met Feng and FD at the dodge dumpling place in Chinatown for a wholesome meal. Amy and Stephen took a v long detour but eventually joined us. The knife sliced noodles with pork/beef + cucumbers are so niceeee
Went to Anita for ice-cream. We got some cookie man thing, pistachio and green tea kit-kat. Pistachio was my fav then cookieman.
Marked exams outside FD's class and watched Frances Ha. Then went to TAFE where we started building our actual pump. Lol Tommy and I were working on the base and cover plate at the same time cus they both needed the mill. V slow progress and I'm very worried the piston isn't going to fit in the hole in the base plate ~~~~~~
After TAFE, Stephen and I went to Maccas for the $3 deal...again.... 

Friday

Had 12 hours of sleep last night what the fuckaroo

Ok I really like this song idk I didn't like it at first now I do?? YES miley yes

Just going to mark today maybe watch a few movies :/
im DEAD
also starting to lose motivation for tumblr I haven't posted anything original in a very long time. THERES NOTHING TO GIF.

********************
MOVIE STUFF
********************

I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore (2017)

Dir. Macon Blair (Bacon?)
Yes the title is way too fucking long but ignore it and watch this if you want a short movie to kill some time. I quite liked this. 

It's about this lady who is very disillusioned with the world and thinks that everyone around her is an asshole...no one cares about the environment, dog shit gets left on her lawn daily and she's basically miserable. Then it gets even worse cus her house gets burgled so she teams up with Elijah Wood, a weird kindred spirit, to hunt down the people who stole her grandma's silverware. ITS REALLY FUNNY!!! 

I really liked the acting of the lead actors. The woman made me laugh so much cus she was so sad and Elijah Wood was just v cool.

It turned into a super high-stakes action movie towards the end though which was a lil jarring and didn't fit tonally with the rest?? But I still liked it.

Get Out (2017)

Dir. Jordan Peele
Don't know what I was expecting but I did NOT see that coming. WHITE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY. Y'all don't need me to tell you to watch this lol if you've seen the trailer you should already be sold.

soooooo fucked up and really interesting guarenteed to be on the edge of your seat for 90% of the movie. also there are a total of like 4 jump scares so if you don't like horror movies dw this isn't really horror.




http://donutgleeson.tumblr.com/post/158365457282/the-stars-of-get-out-show-us-the-last-thing-on

Frances Ha (2012)

Dir. Noah Baumbach
Title is misleading. This movie is depressing as fuck. It's about this pretty average ballet dancer who watches her friends all get boyfriends, get jobs, move away whilst she stays a perpetually broke couch-surfing single pringle. Also about the highs and lows of friendship.

The whole thing is in black and white. I'm not sure why. Someone probably has a really good explanation for this. Oh look

It ends happily though. Kind of? It reminded of the Pursuit of Happyness because things get progressively worse and worse as the movie goes on.

Also this movie has no plot.

"Frances Ha has no narrative development in the customary sense. It's a succession of skilfully observed scenes, simultaneously funny and embarrassing, that illustrate her offhand humour, her self-deception and the web of little white lies that sustain her. " - Guardian

Lmao this is what happens I try to appreciate classic indies whilst marking a surds exam I just don't know how to feel about this?! I was really eh about it until everything got cute at the end. 


Other Things

Love Actually sequel trailer looks kinda lame but I LOVE IT



lmao charlie stop being so bitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment