Tuesday 16 May 2017

she's a fallacy

A collection of my favourite dank depressing memes can be found in the tab aptly named memez at the v top of this blog.

Saturday

Tutored. Gave their surds test back and the smartest kid in the class only lost one mark for a question he overthought and he was so mad at himself and it was really cute.

Went home, played guitar then went out for mother's day dinner at Bodega @ Surry Hills. Its literally a 2 minute walk from Central. This was soooooooooooooooo yummy :O I'd never had tapas before (they're basically really tiny appetisers that you share). So expensive though lmao. Here's the food we got ranked from best to worst but legit everything was good. Photos courtesy of my parents' facebook. The first three were soooooooooooo good you have to get them if you come here.

Preserved Spanish mackerel, coconut curry, almond - I was licking the sauce off the plate it was that good
Wagyu skirt steak, beetroot mince, sour cream & onion - you can't really go wrong with beef??
Roast pumpkin salad, crispy zucchini, manchego & ranch dressing - OMG THE PUMPKIN WAS ROASTED SO NICELY AND IDK WHAT THEY DID BUT WAS SWEET AND KINDA CRISPY AND JUST UGH
Fish fingers, hiramasa, charred toast, cuttlefish, mojama - This was really really nice cus the garlic bread underneath was so garlic-y. The fish was basically raw which I usually hate but I could stomach this. They also dripped some gr8 juices over it all 
Arepas, grilled cheese, smoked tomato, olive jam - not a fan of olives so I did not like this but its basically cornbread with a slab of grilled haloumi on it. I scraped off the olive jam and it was yum
Crispy duck, scallops, chocolate mole, avocado, Old Bay apple - WAS NOT A FAN OF THE WEIRD CHOCOLATE SAUCE WITH THE DUCK LIKE BLEURGH
Mussels, palm hearts, black beans, chilli - this is only last cus I hate mussels but if that's your thing this would probably be nice
And here's CASH
We parked our car right opposite the Poussey mural and I still can't get over how nice it is (I've snapchatted this 3 times I'm sorry)
Then went to Messina where we got way too much icecream. FD's favourite lychee and coconut is still the best. Went home, conked out immediately and slept for 10 hours...

Sunday

Yum Cha in the morning with fam + grandma + auntie for mothers day.
wtf is dis asian ^
My dad got an iPad and speakers for my mum (literally its more a present for himself) and he told me to give it to her and tell her it was from cynth and I?!? So yeah we did that and she was not even that happy cus she knows he's going to use them more than her. But her real presents are coming soon. 

Then went home, watched a couple math lectures, then dad dropped me off at Bankstown where I met up with ze amy. Kevin bought us hotstar sweet potato chips. The sweet flavouring on them is so fucking good.

Falling behind on maths because I keep doing that thing where I only learn the stuff I need for the quiz.

I DIDN'T KNOW TAKING OUT THE CHICKEN WAS A UNIVERSAL THING FOR SOME REASON I ASSUMED THAT NO ONE ELSE'S PARENTS TELL THEM TO TAKE OUT THE CHICKEN??

Monday

Went to uni at 10 and studied with Stephen + Amy until 6 which was when our MMAN test was. Tbh I gave up at around the 4 o'clock mark and I think I did really bad but yolo hoping for that >50%... I keep telling myself I'll make it up during finals. Phuc also joined us as we were getting closer to death. 

I kept playing with Stephen's fidget spinner today LIKE I WAS SO ADDICTED TO IT I NEED MY OWN CUS I KEPT SUBCONSCIOUSLY STEALING HIS. Shared a HSP for lunch I feel so obese. 

Now I'm on the train home and thinking about what movie I should watch tonight instead of studying for the avalanche of shit coming up next week

We gave mum our real present which were 2 mugs with photos printed on them HAHAHA they're really lame.

********************
MOVIE STUFF
********************

I choose you:

20th Century Women (2016)

Dir. Mike Mills
I LOVED THIS MOVIE SO MUCH HOLY SHIT I FEEL LIKE IM LIVING THERE IS LIFE TO BE HAD AND HUMANS TO MEET

IT'S ABOUT THIS BOY LEARNING TO BE A MAN SURROUNDED BY ALL THESE FEMALE FIGURES AND UGH ITS SO GREAT FUCKING WATCH IT 
ITS SO THOUGHTFUL AND HEARTWARMING AND REAL AND EXPLORES HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS AND GROWING UP AND WHAT IT MEANS TO BE FEMALE AND WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A MAN AND LOVE AND EXISTENTIALISM AND JUST IMAGINE ME CLAPPING TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE WORDS:

GO
WATCH
IT
NOW
REPEAT
AFTER
ME
MENSTRUATION

ANNETTE BENING WHO PLAYS THE MUM IS FUCKING AMAZING. SCRATCH THAT EVERYONE IN THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING GRETA GERWIG IS 10/10 LUCAS IS SO FUCKING ENDEARING ELLE FANNING HAS SURPASSED HER SISTER IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE 
People don't use fast forward enough in movies... it worked really well here. Plus the odd splitting into rgb everytime the car was moving was really cool.
This is also semi-autobiographical for the writer/director and he tried to put in snippets of real life things that happened in his fam.

On an unrelated but equally exciting note:
GARTH. DAVIS. IS. DIRECTING. A HOUSE IN THE SKY.
haven't been shook in so long zzzzzzzzz can someone hurry and cut a mary magdalene trailer 

0 comments:

Post a Comment