Saturday 7 October 2017

let me down easy

I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
the only two moods
I also wore this hoodie every single day I went to uni this week. I really really like it LMAO I feel like a racecar when I'm wearing it vroom vroom motherfuckers

I have never ever wished for death so many times in a week. Had a big 20% mechatronics assignment due on Thursday then a MATLAB test on Friday. Got 16.5/20 for mechatronics but got absolutely rekt by MATLAB. I didn't study enough at all LMAO.

I was being so dramatic the night before my mechatronics assignmnent was due because I had spent so many hours just waiting for Sandy to reply to me with other ppl's code. My whole assignment was basically copied off Sandy who copied off Krystal who copied off Raymond. Stephen kinda copied mine so there are 5 people who have the same assignment??? I lost marks for not being able to explain the code properly and a few for not finishing some parts but honestly I'm like fucking ecstatic with 16.5.

my assignment basically was to create a vehicle that could be driven using an xbox remote. It also had to automatically send itself to the server so that when other people connected to the server they would also see my car driving around. SOUNDS COOL AYE. Well after you spend 4 hours trying to animate the wheels to look like they're steering and rolling it AINT FUCKING FUN ANYMORE.
My mechatronics assessor was so sneaky. When I answered one of his questions on the code theory he was like "is that your final answer?"
Bitch I was pulling these answers out of my ass. ((DID I EVEN DO MY OWN ASSIGNMENT???)) But yeah he tried to make me second guess myself but NO it didn't work!!! I stood my ground and got the question right grr. It was on private vs public vs protected things in c++ classes. After Stephen did his assessment he had the most ghostly face and he was sweating a lot and he said "I got raped". His assessor was so mean and straight up was like "you didn't write this code yourself...did you?"

Before my MATLAB test today I had a meeting with Mai to teach me arc stuff. She went through it all so quickly I was just thinking to myself I'm gna forget everything in 5 minutes. Then went to eat at Whitehouse with Stephen and Amy. Got some chicken schnitty and fish n chups. Found this song that I heard there its so niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Such chill vibes and it sounds like theres an erhu or something in the middle??
Stephen drove us to/fro uni today and on the way back to Amy's house his engine just stopped randomly which is apparently something that happens quite often HAHAHA. Luckily we were on a quiet street and he got it to work again after like half a minute. 

We played a game to test who Oscar loved the most. We sat around in a circle around him and screamed his name and whoever he went to, won. tbh he's a very simple dog though he just went to whoever was in his direct line of sight. I'm also very simple. I only like playing with him when he's clean. 

We keep seeing the same white/halfie girl at uni omfg we were sitting next to her and she chimed into our conversation randomly but she was so prepared for her mechatronics assignment she was reading a book 10 minutes before her exam

Catching Up

Tuesday

Went to uni early for my MMAN lab with Phuc. Did our pulleys lab which was so pointless it was literally a bigger version of the year 10/11 prac where u drop different masses from a pulley and measure the time taken to hit the ground. 
"STUDIED" with Lizzie afterwards but it was mostly scheduling WIE hype posts. Someone said we look like we're advertising for a music festival instead of director applications l m a o
Chilled with VSA for a bit, hid under the tute table and scared Viv then tied a network cable to Amy's shoe cus I didn't want to mope over my impossible assignment.
Highlight of my day was my BIOM tute HAHAHA we had so much fun doing our clinical trial. We basically had to make our own test trips to detect glucose levels in people's pee. Our demonstrator was so done with us cus we were like children. We were blowing up our gloves to make udders and chopping the fingers off to make some vogue-af gloves. I love my group so much :')
After BIOM, had last VSA meeting EVER because the next time we'll see each other will be AGM when new execs will be voted in. Shits getting so competitive o m g. We were in a CAT room in Law Lib and like we were all digging into KFC, Tangled was playing in every direction cus there were like 6 screens, and it was just very chill. Played Catan with Selz, Amy and Debbie. ITS ACTUALLY SO FUN LOL i wanted to rage quit so many times though. PEOPLE WOULDN'T FUCKING GIVE ME ROCKS. Also played some sushi board game which I didn't understand and was terrible at.

RED FUCKING FLAGS

********************
MOVIE STUFF
********************

Battle of the Sexes (2017)

Dir. Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris

Things that didn't suck

  • EMMA STONE - um dis gurl can acT (also weird because I'm listening to the La La Land soundtrack again and imagining her as Billie King but sitting at a piano singing with Ryan Gosling)
  • REALLY INSPIRATING - gave me an idea of how hard the women in the past had to fight for the rights we have today. Also this story is a true one and like I'm just so shook by Billie Jean King as a person. So kind and determined and just <3 <3 <3
  • LARRY - the kindest husband to ever walk this earth which is unfortunate because his wife turned out to like girlS
  • managed to hold my attention even though we knew EVERYTHING that was going to happen

Things that did suck

  • the main thing that got on my nerves was the love interest. SHE WAS SO USELESS AND ANNOYING. AND THE WAY THEY TRIED TO DEVELOP THEIR RELATIONSHIP WAS TO EXCLUSIVELY USE REALLY CLOSE UP SHOTS ON THEIR FACES LIKE THEIR EYES AND LIPS TO TRY AND SHOW THE SEXUAL TENSION BUT NO IT DIDN'T FUCKING WORK. THE IN/OUT FOCUS WAS OVERUSED AS WELL. AND SHE IS LITERALLY SO CREEPY SHE JUST MEETS BILLIE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AND STARTS RUNNING HER FINGERS THROUGH HER HAIR FOR A SOLID 5 MINS AND WHIPSERING NON-SENSICAL THINGS IN HER EARS THATS NOT HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO IT O M F G. SORRY Y'ALLS BUT WE WERE SIGHING AND TSKING EVERYTIME SHE SHOWED UP ON THE SCREEN. TAKE SOME FUCKING NOTES FROM CAROL
  • The tennis doubles were so horrid. They were very ceebs with proper wigs so at one point I thought it was SUPPOSED to be a different person.
  • Lots of random undeveloped side characters - gay godfather, sarah silverman's character, margaret court (WHO IS A TOTAL BITCH IRL CAN I JUST SAY SHE LITERALLY SAID HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN UNGODLY "LUST FOR THE FLESH" OMG IM SHOOK AND SHE'S CAMPAIGNING FOR VOTE NO AND COMPARING THE LGBT MOVEMENT TO HITLER AND COMMUNISM GOODBYE)
  • aesthetically just very ugly. But its a realistic film set in the 1970s so they really couldn't do anything arsty I guess but I was shocked when I saw Linus Sandgren was the cinematographer because compared to La La Land this was SO UGLY. They used shaky handheld camera during literally ever tense/emotional scene I was over it. I felt like I was watching this really important moment with my head wobbling like a bobblehead

0 comments:

Post a Comment