Sunday 1 October 2017

joanne

Saturday

Went to Charlie Lovett to "study" with Amy + FD. Then had crappy bingsoo at this cafe in Hurstville under FD and Tina's recommendation!! IT WAS PRETTY BAD HAHAHAHHA but significantly cheaper than normal bingsoo you would get in the city/stratty. 
Had dinner at Burwood Taste of Shanghai with fam and Angus (Cynthia's boyfriend) and it was less awkward than I thought it was going to be but still I think these days I really can't stand my family for some reason like I get frustrated with everything they say. Angus tried to banter with them but they're not fluent enough in English to get his jokes l m a o so my mum just awkward smiled a lot and nodded. They bonded over Chinese things (cus Angus can speak Mandarin) and also talked a lot about family and heritage. Was so weird and yucky I hate small talk. Angus asked them, "oh you call us gwei lo, right?" LMAOOAOAOA and my dad was like "yup". 

My mum asked me why I was so quiet during the dinner and I was like "I don't talk. Like in general. I just don't talk." AHAHHA and she was so confused.

Sunday

I have made the link. When I'm talking to people I always assume they don't want to listen to what I have to say so I always trail off and get really scared that they're getting bored. I just realised this comes from my tutoring experiences when my kids wouldn't listen to me. I'm a psychologist hire me. 

Woke up really late. Spent most of the day catching up on some MMAN2300 lectures. Was so bored until Phuc messaged group chat and was like anyone down for bowling???

So Selz, Phuc, Kengo, Amy Luu, Amy Lim, Joanne and I went to Fairfield bowling at 9pm!! Played 3 games and I did sooooooo well in the last two like actually beat Phuc who was such a bowling snob he even brought his own balls in individual bags ffs...WHO BRINGS THEIR OWN BALLS TO BOWLING?!?!?! Kengo was amazing though :OOOO... here are some sups grainy photos for your entertainment
Holy fuck Joanne, Amy Luu and I were so shook when we discovered that we've been holding bowling balls wrong our entire lives. Ur supposed to use your thumb, middle and ring finger but we always thought it was like thumb, first and middle??!?! IDK HAHHAA.

Went to Vy Vy Cafe afterwards for some dessert. The waiter looked so familiar and I even asked them like DOESN'T HE LOOK FAMILIAR and no one confirmed then when we were almost leaving, he came up to us and was like "uh did you guys go vsa netball day"? TURNS OUT HE WAS ONE OF THE PLAYERS ON THE WINNING TEAM LMFAOOO (e.g. the team that shit talked me as ref) what a small worldddd (jk not really cus the cafe was in Canley but still).
WHOLESOME👊 BONDING ðŸš« NO ðŸ™…ALCOHOL ðŸ˜‹ REQUIRED

Also phuc had the audacity to tell me the green wormy jelly things in viet three coloured dessert was made without pandan ffs "ITS JUST FOOD COLOURING" my ass. 

********************
MOVIE STUFF
********************

Gaga: Five Foot Two (2017)

I just watched Gaga: Five Foot Two on Netflix last night and my respekt for this lady has been revived. So true what she says about men being threatened by a lady who takes charge like lol you could actually see their faces when she fucking owned everyone in her first meeting about the Superbowl performance basically being like "I'm in charge I don't want to do anything you want to do". Her friendship with Mark Ronson is sooooooooooo cute the only time I will say ACTUAL friendship goals.
  
   
Almost cried during this documentary during her explanation of why the new album is called "Joanne" fml. Did not go into this expecting this to be so captivating lol. Gives you a perspective of how hard musicians work and that they may be going through a lot of shit behind the scenes.

Just listened to the album and there are a couple of songs that are so nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment