Wednesday 11 January 2017

Bloody Mary Tried to Kill Me! | Storytime

Let me start this story off by flashing back to like 2008 (I was barely 10 years old) when my fam and cousins went to Vietnam and Thailand. We were in Thailand in the shittiest hotel ever like the lights would go out and we had to shower in a communal bathroom in the dark and there were cockroaches running around everywhere. My cousins (Nancy, Amy), my sister and I were in a room by ourselves without parents and we were so excited so we decided to turn on the on TV.

Somehow we ended up watching some B-movie about a group of girls who were huddled together at a sleepover bored or something when they decide to test out the Bloody Mary myth. Typical dumb horror movie girls fucking started saying,

"Bloody Mary."

At this point we're starting to get a little creeped out.

"Bloody Mary."

The anticipation was building.

"Bloody Mary."

THEN THE FUCKING HOTEL CURTAIN STARTED MOVING MY ITSELF AND WE ALL SCREAMED AND THE PEOPLE IN THE MOVIE SCREAMED BECAUSE BLOODY MARY'S DEAD FACE APPEARED AND WE WERE ALL JUST LIKE 

Once we all recovered we burst out laughing because we realised that Amy had accidentally nudged the curtain with her foot at that pivotal moment and it was one of the most memorable things that happened during that trip hahaha. 

Why am I bringing this up now? I ACCIDENTALLY FOUND THE MOVIE THAT WE WERE WATCHING O M G

Because I am an expert stalker, I stumbled across an interview I had not watched before (lmao that 611 viewcount tho). Well it was kind of an accident like literally I was watching a video and I didn't turn off autoplay and it TOOK ME TO THIS

If you ceebs watching the video, basically, Rooney Mara's first ever role was as an extra in her sister, Kate Mara's movie. She had like one line in it and was peer pressured by Kate to do it because they needed someone urgently. This movie, Urban Legends: Bloody Mary, was released in 2005 (3 years before we went to Thailand). Doing a quick Wiki search, this is the only Bloody Mary based movie that featured predominantly girls and involved a sleepover.


So yes I am still mindblown.

"Dearest, there are no accidents and everything comes full circle."

[accidentally dropping references like Carol accidentally drops her gloves]

How do y'all put up with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment