Thursday 12 January 2017

Edge of Westworld

Ate some Uncle Tetsu's matcha cheese tarts with Feng and FD THEY WERE PRETTY YUMMY!!! They're usually $4.20 each but we got "buy 5 get 1 free" so went down to $3.50 each. Pretty worth-ish to just try imo. They're better than the normal cheese tarts. photo from uncle tetsu's insta page because I didn't save any....

Edge of Seventeen

LOVED THIS MOVIE

it was so fucking relatable and honest and like everything it was saying was so true and everyone was so funny and Hailee and Asian boy were so so so so so cute it was unbearable. Feeling second-hand embarrassment for everything he did in the beginning but also I think if I was a guy I would be like him too HAHAHAHAHA like I laughed so much during his scenes wtf was this

HATED THE MUM that is all I can say she was so useless

Watched Hailee's DP/30 (I LOVE THESE 30 MINUTE INTERVIEWS THEY ARE SUCH GOOD TIME WASTERS)

When you see a stunning sunset outside the train window and then "A Lovely Night" comes on. Rip the sunset is so pretty but can't take a photo because embarrassment. Biggest regrets: not seeing Arrival and Rogue One. I mean Rogue One is still showing but no one is THAT excited to go watch it

Wot Celia Pavey changed her stage name to Vera Blue?

This is so good

Started watching WEstworld. I'm kinda getting bored because I'm not invested in any of the characters... Was going to do a separate blog post for the overall series but I'm too ceebs

*********

Westworld - Episode 1 

Ok just finished the first episode of Westworld about 20 minutes ago and I am IMMEDIATELY A FAN. I haven't felt this immersed into a fictional world in quite a while. Its been 20 minutes though and the sadness of my reality is slowly creeping back on me. 

Went into this TV show knowing absolutely nothing - besides that a chick called Evan Rachel Wood was in it and she was a robot, from the 2017 Golden Globes cold open. Side note: OH MY GOD SHE WAS IN MILDRED PIERCE Todd Haynes you are A STAR

First things first, the opening was incredibly beautiful. I can't have been the only thinking White Walkers when they saw this???

I hope Dolores slowly gains consciousness and fucks over all her makers lol. What I've worked out is that Beetee from Hunger Games wants to work there in the hopes he can maybe revive his child? I'm not entirely sure what Anthony Hopkin's motives are (pure curiosity / need to create something beautiful?)

Favourite moment:
Dolores?!!!?

*********

Up to episode 5 or something now it has really slowed down...

Also watched Hanna (Saoirse Ronan and Cate Blanchett). The trailer made it look pretty good so we watched it but it was kinda meh. Joe Wright directs really good movies like Pride and Prejudice, Atonement then total shitstorms like Pan HAHAHA wtf is his deal. Thought the acting was pretty good though (i think i can never really tell) but I think he tried to be a little avant garde and it was too jarring for me. 

Have to go back to tutoring on Saturday.
 I want to actually crawl up in a hole and never emerge again.

Also omfg ACTUALLY GOING TO SEE LION IM SO EXCITED thx for letting me know abt the free tickets Nellie :D

1 comment: