Thursday 9 March 2017

RAIN

Getting *emotional* because of tutoring and I can't really talk to anyone about it cus I talk about it too much already. So I will just leave it here....

So today was the OFFICIAL last day of selective tutoring. I tutored these four kids (their initials make RAIN) basically daily for the last two weeks and they are honestly the sweetest children alive. Today was the day right before selective so we didn't do any work we just laughed a lot and played games. I tried telling them that if they don't get in it's not the end of the world but of course over-dramatic Year 6 children did not believe me.

I explained to them what my lock screen was (a still from the yet-to-be-released A Ghost Story) and they were genuinely confused as to why I would use it. Natalie was having a total meltdown because she was SO nervous for tomorrow. She was talking so fast that the other kids and I just laughed because we had no idea what she was saying.

"MISS IF WHAT IF I DO REALLY BAD AND GET 23/40 WILL I NOT MAKE IT IN??"
"MISS WHAT TIME SHOULD I GET THERE"
"MISS IS THE REAL TEST REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD"
"MISS CAN YOU DO THE TEST FOR ME"
"MISS WHAT IF I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE WORDS MEAN"
"MISS!!!!" " MISS!!!!! "MISS!!!!!"

Roy found me on Instagram because my user is the same as the email I gave them so now the cute lil child follows me.

Isabelle is an actual angel and I can't believe I didn't get to know them better during my time actually teaching them this past year. Mad regrets. She gave me a card that was so FUCKING NICE I would say touching but that's fucking lame. Before she gave it to me, she said "it's almost time", meaning its almost 8:30 and we don't want to go, so I checked my phone and it was 8:28. And she told me to check again and I looked at it went to 8:29. and she kept telling me to check and I was like ISABELLE WHY DO YOU KEEP TELLING ME TO CHECK THE TIME and finally the 5th time I looked, I saw the card underneath my phone.
They didn't want to leave the class at 8:30 so we just took more selfies and we had a group hug and I wished them luck for selective and it was honestly one of the saddest feelings I have ever felt. I will miss them so much. 
.
.
.
.
.
Did they like you or did they just want your brain

The real struggle now is do I keep tutoring at Jimmys or not?

*going to make a post with gifs from Georges Hall's it's academic run*
*two posts in 1 day, a new photoset on tumblr...I'm working hard on all the wrong things*

0 comments:

Post a Comment